Built in the end of the XII century, it is considered one of the most important Romanesque monuments in Portugal.
The Parish Church is the most significant monument of the village Sernancelhe.
The Romanesque traces, genuine and purified, is present in the singular corbels involving the chancel with an obedient iconography to time schemes, in beaded beads which runs along the gables of the apse, the multiplied acronyms and originality of the portico, consisted by three archivolts (simple exterior, the center formed by a theory of ten archangels with open wings). On either side of the portal two niches open up, each occupied by three figures, under a canopy, so strongly impressive that we forget to look, to guess its mystery, to celebrate their mission of apostles. The bell tower, in a quadrangular plant, bears the date of 1636, time of great remodeling in the body of the church. The church’s interior is a privileged museum space. The hoist of many altars, a body with an incomparable quality, the existence of two tables painted in the mid-sixteenth century (beheading of St. John the Baptist and the Annunciation) and eighteenth century canvases, a Visigoth capital most likely used as a holy water font, the presence of fresh painting in the arc faces which presents Our Lady of the Rosary (right) and St. Margaret (left) certainly dating the ends of the XIV century, the strength of the fourteenth century grave with beautiful gothic inscription, under the sober arch of the side chapel, the rich liturgical vessels.